Friday 9 March 2012

Deconstructing my content page


For my RockStar content page I put the masthead of the content page in the same text format as the front cover to make it known that this is from the same magazine, I kept to all the same colour scheme as well to also make It well aware that it’s from the same magazine. I have made the magazine style very user friendly as typical magazines usually have the column of the page on the right or left hand side of the page and also into different categories so it can be easier to find what you are looking for, I also noticed that through research that the pictures in the content page don’t have to be placed in order of page numbers and instead can be randomly listed, the reason they do this is because the main focus image (mine being the picture with the number 50 on it) is usually of a double page spread so it will not be in the first couple of pages in the magazine, neither the less they use this image mainly to sell the magazine so they will bring it out more than the others. This is why in my magazine I have brought out my main image of Zack Slasher by making it appear on top then all the others and placing it at the top making it seem like the biggest story in the magazine. Other things I used where stuff like the slogan which was used as a extinction of the heading, my original slogan was music with a punch but I felt that the voice of music would appeal to a wider audience as they will follow the hypodermic needle syringe theory as people will feel that they need to follow the best latest magazine. Other things I used included the 5 stars along the column of the content page, two reasons I did this where to fill in the white space and as a slight pun relating to the title of the magazine, I did the same thing above the masthead to fill in the whitespace, I then followed codes and conventions by adding a subscription option, editors section and magazine website.

No comments:

Post a Comment