Friday 9 March 2012

deconstructing my front page

I decided to use the Masthead Rockstar for my magazine because it is simple yet effective to identify the genre (that being Rock).
My colour scheme involved red and black, as well as white for some texts and other things, I used these colours as red is a very high visibility colour which is why it can be found on thinks such as stop signs, so it means that if my magazine was in a shop its colours could easily garb attention especially on the subheading section “BEST SELLING ROCK MAG TO DATE, I used the slightly reddish orange to bring my main image into context.  The black I used mainly as a background as it makes all my other colours stand out more but it also makes the magazine fit the rock genre which I wanted it to do as black and red are typically rock colours. the black and white can also typically be found as normal text writing but I have also used it for my earpieces, the white text on black makes the text a lot more visible then putting it on the red background but it also makes it stand out from the other red sell lines as something else interesting.
As for my main image I used, I have my Rocks tar (as I would like to call him) standing in a mid-shot which is what Rock magazines usually tend to do along with close-ups, I have my Rockstar using a chocolate box image as his head is slightly turned and lips are slightly parted, however I challenged this convention as I did not want him grinning towards you as that would not suit the type of genre. I have chosen, another reason I also had a slight purple reddish glow around him to bring him into better focus against the background as well as to outline the importance of him on the magazine.  I then put my main headline along him reading “Zack Slasher The next best thing” I put it in bolder text and made it larger so it’s among one of the first things a potential buyer will see.
Other things I included where basic magazine codes and conventions like the barcodes and subhead lines, but I also included a sell line about Blink 182 and included their logo for celebrity endorsement as I felt it would effectively target fans of that band and encourage them to buy my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment