Tuesday 28 February 2012

steps to the final pieces


  

The first problem I had with my magazine was the background, I felt it was to plain and not very appealing to any type of customer who would look at the magazine to buy, I felt I needed to stick to my colour scheme yet introduce something just to give the magazine the extra edge it needed., an idea of a simple pattern in the background fitted this idea perfectly as it made the magazine look a little more interesting and professional.
The second problem I had with my magazine was a on-going problem that I have had during my whole time making the magazine and that was the quality of the image, the whole image would give my magazine a rough amateur look which was a big problem for me, I then upgraded the image to a 10.1 MP quality image with the shot still being a mid-shot with it being more of a chocolate box image as the head is slightly turned, although I challenged this type of convention for my rock magazine as my band member is not doing an all-important smile but just simply a gaze as I did not think a typical cheesy smile was appropriate for my magazine.
when I put both these things into my magazine this was the result I got, I also felt the need to make the earpieces a bit larger with the text inside it larger as well, I did this to fill in the white space that I had between the masthead and banner on top and the subheadings bellow, I then made the purple outline more clear on the mid-shot to emphasise his importance on the front cover as well as to make him stand out on the background.
Also for my content page I have added the background in to give it the same effect as my front cover, I have then moved my stars I had along the top and bottom of the content pages banners and information. the last step I took was changing the main content page image to something that related to The front cover, I simply put Zack Slasher against a slightly different pattered background with the same colour scheme and image to relate to my main headline.


No comments:

Post a Comment