Sunday 4 December 2011

preliminary task part 2

 As I still need some practise at making magazines in the program indesign I had a go at making a school magazine.
I decided to go with the theme of a sixth form magazine as it would be easier to get the pictures I needed.
I used a lot of red and blue to match the Harris Beckenham colour scheme and added a lot of subheadings with topics related to the school.
I had problems with making the text stand out from the background at first but fixed this by making the outline of the text another colour which made it clearer to read.
I learnt that the text may not always be noticeable on backgrounds but have found a way to fix it.

As well as making a front cover for the magazine I also made the context page with pictures and information of all the topics which is easy to navigate and stuck to the colour scheme I had.
As I had never made a content page before i used a lot of techniques and examples from existing magazines such as the pictures with the page number on them.
the problems I faced making my content page was finding out how to write all the content information in one box which was easily fixed with fellow students help.
I have learnt many different styles used by magazines for content pages and which magazines use which style, this can help me in the future as I have a wider idea of what i can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment